of 2

Favorite game series

13 replies
E-3, SEAMAN
Votes:
+77
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Something that I thought I'd make to better know eachother; what is your favorite game series or multiple series. For me, it would be Army Men by the 3DO company followed up by War Thunder than WoWS.

*I grew up playing Army Men; it was actually my first FPS/Strategy game I ever played, so it has a soft spot in my heart.

*War Thunder has always been a great game to me, though it can be a PITA; their Naval mode has a few advantages over WoWS, but disadvantaged as well seeing as while you can manually operate the secondaries and AA batteries; there are no where as many ships as there is in WoWS.

*WoWS is a funy and relaxing way to end my work week; it also has extra points because the American side developer of WoWS also made Battlestations Midway and Pacific which were great games.
Posted Mar 12, 19 · OP
Like/Agree
Seen/Noted
List
Undo
E-2, Seaman Apprentice
Votes:
+143
Level 5
LEVEL 5
My favorite Naval strategy simulation game back in the day was Harpoon when it came out in 1994. When it first came out it was cutting edge and was a memory and processor hog with the hardware available at the time difficult to run. It is still available.
Posted Mar 12, 19
Like/Agree
List
Undo
E-5, PETTY OFFICER 2ND CLASS
Votes:
+367
Level 7
LEVEL 7
My favorite game series was Wizardry. I started playing it in '81 on a friend's computer until I bought my own Apple ][ clone that same year. I played the first three games of the series on that clone. The next four games of the series I played on a Compaq Portable. Side-note: try carrying a 27-pound computer, that looks like your toting a sewing machine case, through an airport and tell me it's a portable computer.
enjin-1587981-19656223-blue.png
Posted Mar 12, 19
Like/Agree
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+117
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Online on Site
I'm a child of the 70's so I grew up on video games. There's too many to list but here's some the best IMO:

- Zork series
- Pitfall on the 2600
- Wing Commander series
- Warcraft & Command and Conquer series
- Panzer General series
- Diablo series

MMOs:
- EVE online
- WoW
- SW: TOR

Currently Playing:
- WoWs of course (my most played game by far)
- Diablo 3 and PoE
- MTG: Arena
- Alpha Tester for Dual Universe
Posted Mar 12, 19
Like/Agree
List
Undo
W-3, CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 3
Votes:
+728
Level 9
LEVEL 9
I would have to give props to an Old School game series called Bard's Tale thumbs up.

Course WoW, and Diablo.....also just bought it but having issues installing it via Steam, Two Point Hospital which is kinda like a sequel to a game from late 80's called Theme Hospital by Bullfrog.
Posted Sat at 16:10
Like/Agree
List
Undo
E-1 SEAMAN RECRUIT
Votes:
+2
Online on Site
Favorite game. M.U.M.E. Multi Users in Middle Earth. Text based MMO I played since the late 90's.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Posted Sat at 18:58
Like/Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+367
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Now you've reminded me of M.U.L.E. (Multiple Use Labor Element), published by EA in the early 80's. It was a game for up to four players, human or computer. It included random events where whoever was in 1st place would never receive favorable events while whoever was in last place would never receive unfavorable events. Unfortunately, it did not have a save-game function.
enjin-1587981-19656223-blue.png
Posted Sun at 03:56
E-3, SEAMAN
Votes:
+89
Level 4
LEVEL 4
I've been playing on-line games since the late 90's... I spent way too much time playing Xwing vs. Tie (XvT) and Xwing Alliance (XWA) in the old MNS Zone. I ended up joining a clan and eventually worked my way up to being the clan leader, with a little less than 100 members at our high-water mark.

After that, I played around with the Red Baron series, and as I recall, I was very dissapointed by their lack of a good multi-player experience. I also played Guild Wars through with all of it's expansions, but never found a grooup of guilded players that I could spend time with.

I went back to multi-player with the MMOs Star Wars Galaxies and the Jump to Light Speed Expansion, then Star Wars Old Republic. Once I got done playing the Star Wars games, I eneded up playing Lord of the Rings on-line for quite a while, and while it wasn't really a series, it's DLC's added quite a bit of content if you were willing able to buy them.
Posted Sun at 08:31
Like/Agree
List
Undo
O-1, ENSIGN
Votes:
+252
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Gran Turismo (PS 1/2/3/4)
Battlefield series (since1942, PC and console)
Falcon 4.0 series (back to Falcon 3.0 1991)

Also like the Command and Conquer series, but it got a bit "out there" for me.
Metal Gear Solid series was always good.
Madden every-other-year (PS)
MLB the Show every-other-year (opposite Madden). (PS)
Posted Sun at 09:15
Like/Agree
List
Undo
E-3, SEAMAN
Votes:
+5
Online on Site
My Favorites
Game Series:
Metal Gear
Street Fighter
Might and Magic
Baldur's Gate
Halo
God of War
Warcraft
World of Warcraft
Starcraft
Diablo
Monster Hunter

Individual Games:
Twilight 2000. Absolutley loved this game in the early 90s. It was a military combat RPG
Planetside 2
Smite
Overwatch
Posted Sun at 12:36
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices